Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A mini cooking adventure

I got inspired while watching Julie & Julia tonight, and decided to make Hollandaise Sauce for my salmon for dinner.

It was awesome!

I'm so proud that I managed to separate the yolks from three eggs and whisk the butter until it was creamy enough! I didn't use real butter, but it tasted pretty darn good regardless! The only downside of my meal was the sticky rice...


I took pictures but they mysteriously didn't end up on my camera. I'm too lazy to move to take more pictures.

I've been googling Julie Powell, the writer who famously blogged about cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It seems like Powell's career exploded after her cooking blog. She has another one she is currently writing entitled ""What Could Happen? Musings from a Libidinous Shrew."http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/

Her writing career is one that I envy and admire. She gets to write a blog and a book about something she is passionate about and people in turn respect and love her back. I one day hope to write something worthy enough to publish and be put on screen!

I also love Nora Ephron, the director for Julie & Julia who has done many other favourite flicks of mine including: You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and When Harry Met Sally. I love that she loves Meg Ryan as much as I do!


Speaking of movies, everybody should go check out Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr., Rachel McAdams, and Jude Law. Sooo good! Like my roommate said, it's the kind of movie that makes you love movies. It had tons of action, a witty script and great film score. Did I mention Downey is shirtless? Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, Renee! Your post is so interesting!...I too, am a Meg Ryan fan! Include the movie French Kiss in your roster (with actor Kevin Kline). She is just a hilariously natural actress who doesn't need to make too much effort to make anyone laugh. Oh, yes- Sherlock Holmes. I still yet have to watch that film.

    And before I forget, keep pursuing your dreams and do the things that you are passionate about- you can never go wrong. Who knows, you might have your own book published someday- just don't forget me when I ask for an autograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desiree!

    I definitely forgot to add French Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except that Nora Ephron didn't direct that one! But it's still great!

    ReplyDelete