Thursday, July 19, 2012

Contemplating Motherhood

I'm a little negligent when it comes to keeping up with this blog. It's been nearly two months since my last post. I'm 25 weeks pregnant today. Time is flying by, and I'm getting nervous!

We've finally decided on a name we both like- Zooey. It means "life". It's unique and really cute so I think we're going to stick with it. I can definitely picture myself raising a little Zooey!

Though I'm really excited for the baby, I can't help but be nervous and scared at the same time. I know that's normal for all expecting parents, but I used to think I was too selfish to ever have kids. I can tell that part of me is changing already, I just really want my child to have the best life possible. Don't we all?

I'm hoping she won't have to deal with as many hardships as I did while growing up. I am going to try my hardest to finish school and get a good job to provide for us. Living off of only one full-time income and a part-time minimum wage job will not suffice while raising a daughter. I want her to be proud of me and look up to me. My dreams may not be fulfilled at the current time, but I hope one day they will be. Who knows how long it will take me to reach them, just as long as I eventually do.

I have so many ideas of what I want our future life to be, what kind of house we'll have, where I will work, the kind of parents we will be...I hope we can get to a place where everything is content and peaceful- no debt, good jobs, a nice house, etc. I'm hopeful it will all come in time. For now, all I can do is take each day as it comes and prepare for our little one's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment