Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Very hopeful for Vancouver

I officially made it to Vancouver! Right now I'm sitting in the bus depot across from the McDonald's so I can use their wifi while I wait for my love to meet me. I really need a shower, sitting on the bus for over 30 hours is not ideal. But I'm here nonetheless!

Here are a couple of posts I wrote right before I left and while I was on my way here. I had to do something to pass the time.

Sunday Night:

I'm so anxious it's driving me crazy! I'm leaving for BC tomorrow night and I could not be more excited but so effing nervous! I hope everything works out but I keep thinking stupid thoughts like something will go wrong. I'm sure everything will be fine, I just wanna get there already! I miss Brock so much it's ridiculous! I can't wait to see his face and kiss him like crazy! I can't believe we get to be together everyday soon. It's really kind of surreal. I hope everything works out. I can do nothing but hope for the best at this point. I'm sure it will be amazing. I keep thinking about our place and what it's gonna be like to live with him. It's not gonna feel real until I find a job and have a real routine going. It will just be like I'm on vacation until then probably. Love that I get to wake up with him everyday. I'm so anxious I can't sleep. but the sooner I do, the sooner I get to leave.

Tuesday Afternoon:

Wow, I just went through an old journal of mine from 2010 while I was still depressed. It was really sad. I'm glad I'm doing better now. I can't believe I'm on my way to BC right now about to start a "new life" with Brock. In a thousand years I never would've guessed this would happen. I'm excited but also nervous (seems to be a trending topic) about a lot of things. For example, what if I can't find a job right away? What if I can't afford to go back to school? What if we start fighting and it doesn't work out? I know these are all just what ifs, though they come from a real place.

I cried so hard after saying goodbye to my mom. I hate goodbyes. I guess it all just hit me at once that I was actually leaving everyone behind. It's going to be a big change for me. Though I'm hoping it'll be a great one. The bus is 100 km from Calgary (written on my iPod) right now, which is about half way there. I can't wait to see the mountains! I pretty much slept through all of Saskatchewan, not much to look at. I hate staying on the bus this long. If I wasn't so poor I'd be on a plane right now.

I just hope everything works out. I miss everyone already. I wonder if I'll get homesick when I'm there? I'm sure I will. I've never been this far away from my family or friends for so long. I'm sure it will be okay. I just get nervous thinking about and being on a bus for so long does not help with the impatience. Oh well, c'est la vie.

So I survived the horrendously long bus ride, and now I wait, again at the bus depot in downtown Vancouver. If I wanted to I'm sure I could find my way to our apartment, but I need help with all my stuff, unless I took a cab which, who are we kidding, I am way too cheap to pay for. According to the translink website it's only about 30 minutes from here. I'll just wait until Brock gets here. 4 pm. About 2 and half hours to go. I'm on mountain time now! Regardless of the time, I wasn't kidding about the shower thing. I am in desperate need of one. Travelling by bus is not ideal. Sleeping wasn't easy to get used to the first night, but the second day I napped and lastnight I fell asleep rather easily. It was gorgeous looking at the mountains underneath the full moonlight. It was breathtaking. I'm sure a couple people on the bus heard me mutter "wow" to myself a few times. I could stare at them all day, I don't think it would get old to me. I am after all, a prairie girl at heart. However, my heart is in the west. I hope it stays here for a while. I really like it so far, though it's only been a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment