Friday, December 4, 2009

To buy or not to buy

Has anyone ever bought a bus pass because it was cheaper than the one you're supposed to use? I know I have. I hate buying a weekly pass for $20, and as I've discovered this week, why should I bother? The bus drivers rarely notice if you have the right one!

My roommate decided to try an experiement using her week-old buss pass. She would use it every day to see how many bus drivers actually caught her and said anything. So far she's been using her pass since about Tuesday, and she's only gotten caught once so far. It's already friday! She did buy the right one just incase, but still, she really doesn't need it at this point.

I really don't understand why bus drivers don't actually check your pass. Maybe it's because there's always a lot of people getting on the bus and he doesn't have time to check each one, or maybe they genuinely don't care. It seems like they just look for the motion of showing them something and then they glance away. Well, if that's the case, maybe I shouldn't buy buss passes anymore. Maybe we should all just use expired passes for as long as we can, maybe then they won't realize it's actually expired!

I really find it annoying though, when you're running for a bus, but you didn't have time to dig out your pass, but then once you're on the bus and you waste 5 minutes at the front while you do go find it, the driver doesn't even look at you! It's sooo frustrating! Like seriously, tell me why they do this? It really baffles me some days. Because I know if I just went to sit down, they'd be hauling my ass back to the front for questioning. All I have to say is that they should CHECK THE PASS!

2 comments:

  1. I show them my Jack Lalanne gym club card, and it works great. You can also pour a can of Coke into the change receptacle, and the driver won't bat an eye.

    But seriously, you're right: they never check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm repeating my roommate's experiment this week. So far, Monday is in the clear!

    ReplyDelete