Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CreComms go Twitter crazy!

Twitter became mandatory for PR students this morning!

In PR, Melanie assigned Class 2 to sign up for a Twitter account if we haven't already.
The Twitter-newbies learned how to tweet, follow, reply, and direct message people in the Twitterverse. Let's just say, I've never tweeted collectively for 2 hours straight before. What a rush! We are epic Crecomms! I'm thinking Twitter just got a lot more interesting for me...

The initial reason why I joined Twitter was simple- because everyone else was doing it. At first I'll admit I didn't get the appeal. I thought it was just status updates, but then I learned that it's much more! I looove finding out what people are up to! Especially celebrities! My favourite people to follow are Strombo (my love), Kim Kardashian, CosmoOnline, and JLo. It's really cool to feel like you're a step closer to them in real life.

Tweet is no longer just an R&B singer!
It seems Twitter has taken over the world! And it's not surprising that us CreComms were told to jump on the "twitterwagon". It was a little funny that with all of us ceating new accounts and tweeting for the first time simultaneously that we slowed down the entire system! Maybe we'll learn to take it easy, though tweeting for two hours was really fun! I wish we could start every Tuesday that way.

What I find really useful about Twitter is the abundance of information available. From other people's links and hash tags, there's always something new to learn about, and even news sources have twitter accounts where you can follow and get your news regularly.


One thing that I'm not sure Melanie mentioned in class was that you can receive people's tweets on your mobile phone. Simply go to the follower and beside their name is a little white circle with a cell phone picture in it. If you click on it, it will turn green and tell you that you now receive that person's updates on your phone. Voila! You will always be up to date on who ever you want. Today I definitely received an overabundance of text messages from CreComm status updates!

Since we are all now officially on Twitter, I think we should have a competition to see who will have the most followers and tweets by the end of the semester. I'm sure there will be an advantage for those who have twittered much longer than just this morning, but it's still an idea!

Happy Tweeting all!


No comments:

Post a Comment