Sunday, February 28, 2010

Closing Ceremony

I was at work all day today so I only caught part of the gold medal game, but even at work you could feel that the win was in the air, and then Crosby made it a reality scoring the winning (gold) goal after seven minutes of over time. I love this country!

I came home exhausted but I'm enjoying myself watching the Closing Ceremonies. It's a gigantic party in BC tonight, wish I was there!

The Sochi presentation was amazing! It got me pumped for 2014 for sure! The zorbs were mesmerizing!

The parade of athletes was so cool, just watching everyone march with their medals hanging proudly around their necks, Canada is so kick ass!

We have awesome celebrities that call Canada home, Shatner, M.J. Fox and Catherine O' Hara were great at reinforcing our pride and spirit, and then there were the musicians.

I think he followed Neil Young but, who better to kick it off than the beautiful Michael Buble? If he doesn't make anyone not Canadian jealous of us, I don't know who would? Maybe Avril Lavigne? How about Alanis? Or would it be K-Os? Great performances by all! Though I think Alanis was 'singing' over a track....

And if you didn't know the typical Canadian stereotypes before tonight, you sure do now! haha... Giant beaver anyone?

Oh, and didn't you looove the Olympic knit sweaters!!! And I also have to say I was in love with the CTV set, too! So gorgeous, what a view! 

After the 17 days of Olympics, I believe, I am a damn proud Canadian!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that Inward Eye actually opened up the ceremonies!

    ReplyDelete