Friday, February 5, 2010

Living The Kind Life

One of my new year's resolutions was to stop eating meat, and so far it's been going okay. There have a been a couple lapses, but nothing major. I've found some really great information from various sites, and one of my favourites is a website called The Kind Life, a forum by Alicia Silverstone where she posts reipes, health information, new products and creates forums for people who sign up to chat about healthy, green, eco-friendly living. So far, I have fouund some great products and awesome recipes.

I've always been a fan of Silverstone, and her website The Kind Life is an extension of her book The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight and Saving the Planet. The book just came out in October of 2009. Here's a synopsis of the book from PETA and the reasons why Alicia switched to the Kind Diet.

Before stumbling upon her book one day at Chapters, I had no idea that Silverstone was an author and was glad to have found a resource that explains things so well. I haven't actually bought the book, but the website is really useful. She also tweets about the website and things she's doing in terms of activism, and even her play, which she gave away free tickets to kindlife members who live in the NYC area.

I'm thinking of buying the book in time for reading week so I can actually read something useful and significant.

If anyone is interested in making some lifestyle changes, The Kind Life is a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment