Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Turkey Day everyone! I hope everyone is at home enjoying the comforts of good food and family.

This is the part of the year where we are all supposed to reflect upon our lives and what we are thankful for. Right now, I'm thankful for mainly three things: health, family and friends. Not to mention all the love I've been fortunate to receive lately. Which reminds me, I'm officially in a relationship. Wow...

The "west coast wonder" if he could be so named, is now my boyfriend. Again. Crazy how life works isn't it? Who would've thought I'd end up here? Not me, that's for sure. Though I have to say, so far it feels great.

This is my first long-distance relationship. I've never experienced being so far away from someone, yet feeling so close to them at the same time. I can't wait until we get to remove the space between us...it's gonna be crazy. But I'm so excited! I think if we both want it to work, it will. Sometimes, I can't believe my life.

It might seem like it's all been moving too fast, but it feels right to us, I guess. Why not go for it? I just hope when we actually get together it's as good as we are making it out to be. We've been building the whole occasion up so much that it has to be nothing short than amazing at this point. I think it will be.

I just can't wait to get away for a while. It'll be nice to go somewhere different. I keep imagining different scenarios in my head. I picture us going out to dinner, to a club, walking near the ocean, or just hanging around his place... It's probably nothing like what I think it is. I hope it's even better. It'll be nice to explore some place new with someone familiar... I miss him more and more everyday.

The other scary part is, we love each other. I wasn't used to this at first. Just hearing those words was so foreign to me that I felt a little awkward. But now it's like, okay this is what it feels like, I remember this. I just can't believe how crazy he is about me...I knew he used to be, and apparently the fire hasn't died... It seems so surreal. I missed the attention, don't get me wrong, I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm worth it. It's been a long lonely road. I'm glad I finally have someone to share it with.

I really wish we could share the holiday weekend together, but we'll just have to make it up later. I hope he knows that I'm thankful for him, and that I love him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment