Thursday, September 29, 2011

I love my job

I love my job. Working in a coffee shop is so fun. Making drinks for people is probably my favourite part about it. I love steaming the milk, pouring espresso, adding the whipped cream. It's so simple, but yet it yields such a great sense of accomplishment when a drink is properly made. I think it really is an art. And it's so delicious!

Though I don't work at Starbucks anymore, I do work in another coffee shop- Finales. It's an independent business that hasn't franchised further into the city yet. It's a good feeling working somewhere not so big and corporate. I like being part of something original and unique. I also love that we don't have to wear hats. My boss is thoroughly awesome. I only live 5 minutes away yet he insists on driving me home during closing shifts. Also, I missed a shift by accident yesterday and he said it was no big deal, he was just concerned that I was alright. I think I have found my new work family. Though I do miss the Starbucks crew from time to time. It will always be a part of me, as lame as that sounds.

I used to think carrying a Starbucks cup made me superior to others, which it sort of did, but then again if I'm holding any kind of coffee cup I get this good sense of establishment in the world. I don't know why, just holding onto coffee makes me feel important. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing celebs being photographed with Starbucks in their hand all the time.

Today, apparently is International Coffee Day.I celebrated by buying a cup at Co-op this afternoon and also by making a cinnamon latte at work tonight. The latte was the tastier cup of the day by far. Who else is a coffee lover out there? I know I'm not the only one!

Making coffee isn't like my ultimate dream job but I do enjoy it for now. I do love the idea of owning my own shop with maybe a bookstore in it, but I'm not so sure I'd be a good business owner. I might need to be more organized than I am to succeed at that. It's always been an idea of mine, however.

So for now, I'll keep steaming up lattes for the masses and enjoying the cozy atmosphere of my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment