Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The city, school and a fresh start

I'm back in Winnipeg! It's been ten months since I went home during my crazy meltdown. That's something I hope doesn't keep recurring every 20 years...it's nobody's cup of tea.

I'm excited to go to class again! I only have two this term and three next term, so we'll see how it goes. I have yet to find a job in the city. Not sure what the deal is with Starbucks. I wouldn't mind trying something different though. It would be helpful to find something soon however, as my tuition is now past due and I have had no reply from Student Aid. I really should start harassing them...

I hope this year turns out great. I don't see why it wouldn't. I'm in a nice area of the city and I have lots of friends who I haven't seen in a while! I miss them all! I do miss being home sometimes already. The first couple days before I left I was getting a bit melancholy about leaving, I guess I got used to being home near my family. I know they aren't very far if I really need them. It's time to start truly gaining some independence. I think it would be cool to eventually get my own place somewhere. Roommates are cheaper, but I'd love to be on my own. That won't be for a while though.

I have an online English course this year which is something different. It's called American Literature and Culture after 1914. The prof is in B.C. and writes a blog for the class so we can comment and discuss various readings and assignments. I hope I can time manage properly to be successful. I'm sure I can, I'm on the computer all the time anyway. At least now it will be constructive.

The good thing about being in school again is that I have access to the school gym! I really need to take advantage of it, no joke. I know I always complain about losing weight but it really needs to happen. I've noticed I've already started eating less since being here, maybe because there's barely any food in the apartment, which even though it sounds dire, it could be a help in my case. I don't intend to starve, just need to limit my intake. Working out is such a chore. Maybe I can learn to love the gym. It'd be nice to find a gym buddy.

It's only September and already things are changing. The weather is still really warm, but there are people in my life who are taking the next step in their journey and it only inspires me to live my life to the fullest and really take hold of what I can. I'd like to try something new this year, maybe an art or dance class. Something to keep me busy and out of trouble. Not that I get into trouble...

Anyway if anyone has any ideas about what I can do this year that would be fun, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment