Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby on a Bus- #17 September 5th, 3:30pm

I know I'm writing about past bus rides but they were interesting so I'm recapping...

I went downtown to get a few things on Saturday. I'm still in love with my bus route from Wolesely and Maryland to Graham Avenue. The bus is always sitting there early and Saturday it stopped while the bus drivers switched off. They were both very friendly with an enthusiastic hello as they chatted outside the bus.

The bus had a/c! So great considering how hot it was this weekend. There was a young mother and her baby sitting in front of me. The baby was staring at me while she ate a snack. The mom tried to fix what little hair her daughter had, but she was fidgeting so it was a failed attempt. I wondered if they lived in the neighbourhood and where they were headed.

There was only a couple other people on the bus behind me. Another reason I love this bus route is that it's never crowded. All week, each bus driver has been really friendly. It's refreshing, especially in the mornings. The baby noticed the bus drivers get on, and she craned her neck to peer at them. My heart warms when I look at children. She was chattering away and it couldn't be cuter.

I know I've said in the past that I'm iffy about wanting kids, but when the time comes and I find the right guy, I think it could be an amazing experience. Pregnancy is a wonder in itself. The dreams I keep having about pregnancy, either myself being pregnant or someone else I know, are said to mean that something new and creative is happening in my life. This is very true considering I'm just starting Cre-comm. I was apprehensive about the program, but I've met some really cool people so far, I think it's going to be great.

The baby caught me looking at her while she sucked her thumb and she smiled as if she's guilty about something. I hope my kids turn out that cute!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate those buses with a/c! Especially because when you get a bus without it, you're sitting right next to the one window that is stuck shut...

    ReplyDelete