Sunday, September 20, 2009

Driving a Bus, Blue Cross, Glasses and Week Four

I was the first one on the bus on Friday morning, as usual. Also like usual the bus driver takes a break and gets off the bus to get coffee from somewhere inside Misercordia Hospital. Today he got down from his seat and grumbled something seemingly uncomfortable then said "Wanna drive today?" I laughed and told him that wouldn't be such a good idea, then he said "Well, I wouldn't stay on the bus." I can't imagine driving one of those things. They are truly beastly in size- I can barely drive a car in the city! Nevermind a bus full of people, I would probably end up letting everyone on for free if they asked. And if anything ever happened, like a fight or something, I would probably freak out and bail...but call 911 of course.

My mom called while I was on the bus. She was explaining about her Blue Cross coverage, and how I am still on her plan until age 25 as long as I'm in school. Of course I knew this, but I went out the night before trying to get new glasses and the optician tried to tell me that when she called Blue Cross they said I wasn't on the plan. In the end, I wasted almost 3 hours at two different stores picking out potential frames, only to find out I couldn't get any. I was just a little disappointed. I can't wait to get new specs! In class, I've noticed I'm one of only 5 four-eyed lovelies. I'm surprised there aren't more students with glasses. I love how they're an accessory and also a state of mind. Also in my case, they're like a second skin. I don't know where I'd be without mine, I haven't had contacts in so long. The other night at work I was talking to a fellow barista, and I took off my glasses during the conversation to clean them, and he stops talking mid-sentence, and said, "WOW! You look SOOO different without glasses!" Then he started laughing.

I'm excited about this week in school. It's officially the fourth week and I have a feeling this is when things start to overwhelm. I know we have the Bomber game to cover on Saturday night, but there's also been hearsay about the infamous 'streeter' assignment in J class...everyone seems tense but ultimately ready for it. The idea of finding random people in the street to inteverview is kind of intimidating, and without a topic it could be hard to pull off. Though the thought of creating a potentially great story out of nowhere is exciting...we shall see what the future brings!

See you guys in class! Happy 4th week! 

2 comments:

  1. well I have glasses - I just only need them for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, not me. I can't even get dressed without my glasses! It makes me laugh when I renew my license and they 'remind' me I have to drive with specs on. My optometrist keeps making the case for laser-eye surgery. Yeah, sure - if he's paying!

    ReplyDelete